Below, you’ll find our policies and if you have any questions please contact us.
Check-in & Check-out Policies:
- Check-in times are between 4:00-7:00 PM. We know that plans sometimes change on the day you are traveling, so if for any reason you will not be arriving as planned, please contact us. This allows us to adjust our cleaning and errands schedule since we are a traditional B&B – NOT a hotel. Arrival times are important to us.
- If you will be arriving later than our check-in times, please contact us ahead of time so that we can schedule or prepare special instructions for you and your party. If guest(s) do not communicate late arrival by 10pm, this will be treated as a “cancellation / no-show” in which we reserve the right to try to rebook the room. The “no show” guest will also forfeit their deposit.
- Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- If a late check-out is requested (and possible), an additional fee will be charged based on availability and additional time requested.
- We are happy to store your luggage after check-out if needed for no additional charge.
- We have designed our B&B atmosphere for relaxation and peace for adults planning a vacation. We will consider all situations, but please contact us in advance if your plans include children so that we can discuss if our B&B is a right fit for your family.
- Sorry we do not allow pets on our property besides our own.
- Guests who violate this policy will be asked to leave and this incident will be treated as a same day cancellation / early departure. Please see our Room Cancellation & Early Departure Policy for more information
- A penalty or cleaning fee will be charged to guest upon check out if there is damage and/or excessive cleaning due to a pet violation.
Standard Room Rate Policy:
- All room rates are based double occupancy (2 persons) ; however, our two Master Suites have a possible maximum occupancy of up to four (4) persons. In this case, an additional $40 per person/ per night will be added to the room charge. For holidays & special events each additional person is $55.
- All room rates are subject to change without notice.
- Please be aware that all room rates are subject to additional state sales tax and tourist tax. Currently, Florida sales tax is 7% and the tourist tax is 6% (tourist tax is also called a tourism tax, a bed tax, and/or a resort tax).
Keys & Lost Keys Policy:
- A maximum of 2 keys can be given to the guest(s) per room upon check-in.
- A $50.00 penalty fee for lock replacement will be charged to the guest(s) for loss of room keys.
Standard Room Reservation & Payment Policy :
- Please note that this policy DOES NOT apply when booking a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL, an EVENT, or a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL + EVENT.
- All guests should be aware that before a reservation can proceed to check-out payment, they must click/select the “I Accept” field. By doing this, the guests acknowledge that they have read, understand, and will abide by our B&B’s Policies, House Rules, & FAQs.
- For all confirmed standard reservations, the first night’s accommodation (including both taxes) will be charged to guests’ credit card immediately and the remaining balance will be paid upon guest arrival check-in. This final online check-out amount includes state sales tax & tourist tax. Guests will receive a booking confirmation email from us.
- For changes and/or cancellations to the reservation, please see our Standard Cancellations, Refunds, & Early Departure Policy.
Incidentals & Damage Deposit Policy:
- Upon check-in, we will process a $200 incidentals/damage authorization on your credit card. This is not a charge to your credit card. The incidentals/damage authorization will be held for the duration of your stay and will be released upon guest check-out after we check the room for any damages.
Standard Cancellations, Refunds, & Early Departure Policy:
- Please note that this policy DOES NOT apply when booking a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL, an EVENT, or a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL + EVENT. We understand that plans can change, but please be aware that due to our small number of rooms, cancellations, reservation changes, and/or early departures greatly affect us; thus, changes to your reservations or cancellations must happen NO LATER than 7 day prior to the 4:00PM check-in time on day of arrival. Guest(s) will be granted a FULL refund minus a $30 processing fee if this is done. This must be communicated via email to the innkeepers or hosts.
- For reservation changes or cancellations made LESS THAN 7 days prior to guest check-in at 4:00 PM, the guest(s) will forfeit the first night’s rate.
- Guests are welcome to leave earlier than their departure date; however, this is considered to be a cancellation of nights reserved and NO REFUNDS will be given.
- Same day cancellations or “no-shows” will result in full rate charge of the ENTIRE STAY including taxes (state tax and tourist tax).
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- Due to the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic we have updated our cancellation policy. We are a small business and sudden cancellations greatly affect us and our ability to rebook on such short notice.
- In the unlikely event that a guest must cancel less than 7 days prior to arrival date, shorten their stay, or leave early, we ask that you take responsibility for your reservation. If we can rebook the room(s), a full or partial refund will be given.
- In the event that we cannot rebook the room(s), we will gladly credit the remaining balance & paid portion to a future date – minus our $30 cancellation fee.
Standard Room Cancellations, Refunds, & Early Departures Policy for Holidays & Special Events (i.e: Concerts, Races, Festivals):
- Please note that this policy DOES NOT apply when booking a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL, an EVENT, or a WHOLE HOUSE RENTAL + EVENT. For special events (i.e: concerts, races, festivals, sports games) &/or holidays, the guests must change or cancel the reservation NO LATER than 7 days prior to 4:00 PM check-in time on day of arrival. In this case, the guest(s) will be refunded HALF the reservation. This must be communicated via email to the hosts &/or innkeepers.
- For changes or cancellations made LESS THAN 7 days prior to guest(s) check-in at 4:00 PM for Special Events &/or Holidays – the guest(s) will receive NO REFUND. Again, due to our limited amount of rooms, It is extremely difficult for us to rebook rooms in such short notice during Special Events or Holidays. This change or cancellation must be communicated with the hosts &/or innkeepers via email.
Reservations for Whole House Rental, Event, &/or Whole House Rental + Event:
- For Whole House Rentals, Events, &/or Whole House Rentals + Event bookings, please call or email us directly.
Smoking / Vaping & Drug Policy:
- We are a smoke free home. There is absolutely NO SMOKING or VAPING in our guest rooms, shared spaces, back yard garden, or pool area.
- A smoking fine of $250 will be applied to your bill for violating our policy. If there is excessive smoke damage to furniture, linens, drapes, or carpets, we reserve the right to add additional damage fees for cleaning or replacement of goods on top of the initial $250 smoking fine.
- We have a ZERO tolerance policy for drugs on our property. If guests violate this, we reserve the right to immediately remove the guest(s) and call the local authorities if needed. This will be treated as a Room Cancellation / Early Departure and no refunds will be issued for the remainder of the reservation. No exceptions will be made to this policy violation.
Quiet Time Policy:
- A mandatory Quiet Time will be observed from the hours of 9:00PM until 9:00AM the following morning.
- Guests will respect the comfort and privacy of the other guests by NO loud or excessive music, noises, television, games, conversations, disturbances, and/or behavior during these hours.
- We reserve the right to ask guests to vacate our establishment upon repeated violations of this policy. In the likelihood of this event, the situation will be considered a same day cancellation / early departure and NO REFUND will be given for the remainder of the guest(s) reservation (days booked).
Property Damage & Loss Policy:
- The guest(s) will be responsible for any damages, excessive cleaning, or theft from our guest rooms, common areas, and outdoor spaces upon check-out.
- In the event that additional damages or losses are discovered after guest departure, we will contact guest alerting them before submitting charges.
Lost & Found Policy:
- We will hold unclaimed / lost property by an identifiable owner for 30 days. During the 30 day time period we will attempt to contact owner of property, but after the 30 days elapses, property will become property of The Kenwood Gables B&B.
- Items with no identifiable owner will be kept for a week before The Kenwood Gables B&B assumes ownership or discards items.
- Furthermore, The Kenwood Gables Boutique Bed & Breakfast will not be held liable for any vehicle damage or theft from vehicles whether parked street side or in our allotted parking spaces. Guests should always lock and secure their vehicles.
Pool & Deck Policy:
- Pool hours are from 8:00 am to sunset.
- There is NO RUNNING, NO JUMPING, NO DIVING, & NO ROUGH PLAY in the pool, deck, and pool pavers area at all times. Any injuries sustained by the guest(s) who have violated our Pool & Deck Policy will not hold The Kenwood Gables Boutique B&B liable.
- Absolutely NO FOOD in the pool.
- Absolutely NO glass containers near or inside the pool and pool pavers area. This includes cocktail glasses; wine or beer bottles, miscellaneous glass beverage bottles; or any other glass items. However, glass containers and bottles are allowed on all the wooden deck areas.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times for supervision and safety.
Fire Alarm & Fire Sprinklers Policy:
- Our Bed & Breakfast is equipped with a fire/smoke alarm and sprinkler system linked directly to the Fire Department.
- Guest(s) that willingly trigger a false alarm of our system will be responsible for paying the false alarm violation fee issued by Fire Department.
- In addition, if both the fire alarms and fire sprinklers are triggered by a false alarm, the guest(s) will also be responsible to pay for water damage to our property and belongings and subsequent clean up fees.
- We also reserve the right to ask guests to leave our property after investigation of false alarm is completed.